Family Nature Club
If you're a parent or caregiver looking for ideas on how to get your family more involved in outdoor activities around Greenville, then you've come to the right place!
What is nature play?Nature Play is an innovative approach to childhood development using natural surroundings to foster empathy for the environment. If a child is rooted in natural learning and grows as nature grows, then they will feel the urge to respect and protect it. Since much of the earth's future depends on the children of today, why not teach them to protect what they love?
“In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught.”
~ Baba Dioum
About the Family Nature Club
Please note, that some outings might require a small fee.
Family Nature Club Outings
You must be a member in order to participate in the outings. Please note that some outings may require a small fee. Club members will receive email invitation to RSVP for outings.
- Nature Play at Hatcher Gardens Saturday, September 29th
- Tree Identification at Bunched Arrowhead Preserve Saturday, November 17th
- Hiking at Table Rock State Park Saturday, December 15th
- Birding at Cleveland Park Saturday, January 26th
- Nature Play at Poinsett Bridge Saturday, February 23rd
- Bug Find at the Clemson Experimental Forest Saturday, March 9th
- Frog Watch at Lake Conestee Nature Park Saturday, April 13th
- Kayaking at Paris Mountain State Park Saturday, May 4th
- Hiking at Lake Rabon Saturday, May 18th
To learn more about the family nature club, please contact us at (864) 467-4850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.